- Joe Haggerty: Bruins Gregory Campbell (broken leg) vows to be ready for the start of the regular season.
- Chris Johnston: Flyers Claude Giroux will have his splint removed on Monday and hopes to return to the ice in the next two weeks.
- Shawn Roarke: Bruins Patrice Bergeron said he’s feeling good other than some discomfort in his rib cage area. He said it will be fine with time.
- Ansar Khan: Red Wings Todd Bertuzzi said that he feels 1000 percent better than last year.
- Pierre LeBrun of ESPN: Canucks Ryan Kesler said he’s 100 percent.
“I just chalk it up to a string of bad luck,” Kesler said Friday summing up the last two injury-filled years. “One surgery after another after another … then breaking my foot; I’ve blocked that shot over 100 times, same shot, it just hit me right. It’s bad luck, that’s it.
“I’m excited now. First training camp in three years. I’m excited for the new coach, excited to see the guys, excited for the outdoor game, excited for the Olympics. There’s a lot to look forward to this year. I’m healthy and I’m ready for it.”