- Ed Willes of the Vancouver Province: Canucks owner Francesco Aquilini said that Henrik and Daniel Sedin are close to signing contract extensions and he doesn’t see anything getting in the way of their new deals.
“They’re Canucks,” he said. “They’re what we want this team to be about.”
Mark Spector: Look for UFA Daniel Cleary to make his way to Dallas. He has connections with Stars GM Jim Nill and Shawn Horcoff.
- Tim Panaccio: Hal Gill on Flyers invite: ”I am not looking at it as trying to get a roster spot. I am looking at it as a chance to play.”
- Chris Nichols: The Blues have confirmed that Ryan Whitney will be in camp on a tryout.
- Sarah McLellan: Coyotes Mikkel Boedker will arrive on Monday and will get a chance to play with Mike Ribeiro. The Coyotes and Boedker spent a lot of time talking about a long-term contract but couldn’t agree on the money. A two-year deal is what they could agree on.
- Ken Warren of the Ottawa Citizen: The Senators are waiting for Jared Cowen’s response to any of the four contract proposals they have sent him.
“I felt that we continued to put something out there,” Senators general manager Bryan Murray said during the first intermission of Saturday’s rookie tournament game against the Chicago Blackhawks. “I’m not sure if we can continue to do that. I guess the term is you ‘negotiate against yourself’.
So, there’s some hope we can get some communication going here fairly quickly, so Jared can give us an indication (of something), one way or another.”