Joni Pitkanen Injury and the Fallout for the Hurricanes
- Updated: September 12, 2013
- Josh Rimer: Rimer has been told that Joni’ Pitkanen’s injury could be career threatening.
- James Mirtle: Mirtle is hearing that Pitkanen’s injury could be career ending. A race for an icing claims another.
- Dennis Bernstein: The Kings will have nine NHL defenseman in camp. The Hurricanes have lost Joni Pitkanen. Bernstein wonders if they would be interested in Alec Martinez.
- Kevin Paul Dupont: Dupont wonder if the Flames would call the Hurricanes to see if they are interested in Dennis Wideman.
- Tom Gulitti: Gulitti doesn’t know if the Devils are willing to move a defenseman right now, but they might be in a few weeks.
- Todd Cordell: Smartest thing for the Hurricanes to do may be to save their assets and sign a UFA like Tom Gilbert or Ron Hainsey.
- Josh Rimer: The Hurricanes had been talking with Ron Hainsey but didn’t have the cap space for him. Will have the room now once Pitkanen is put on the LTIR. They would also have room for Brenden Morrow now, who they’ve also held talks with.
- Todd Cordell: Darren Dreger said on the radio that the Hurricanes are a team that may consider an offer sheet for Cody Franson.