Injury Notes II: Jovanovski, Murray, Jagr, Carlyle, Lowry and Toews
- Updated: September 13, 2013
- Harvey Fialkov of the Sun-Sentinel: There is no guarantee that Panthers Ed Jovanovski will play another game after his major hip surgery. He has been rehabbing and skating all off-season, but there is still uncertainty regarding his future.
“I’ve been feeling pretty good. It’s almost like I’ll feel comfortable to play in a game when I have that thought. There’s no pressure from anyone on the outside,’’ Jovanovski said Thursday after skating with the team on the first day of training camp.
“I do want to play again and that’s in my mind. I’ll do everything I can to play again.’’
- Rob Mixer: Blue Jackets Ryan Murray said his shoulder is feeling good, a little sore but no issues so far.
- NHL Devils PR: Devils GM Lou Lamoriello on Jaromir Jagr’s injury: “We’re not concerned. That’s the best I can say.”
- James Mirtle: Maple Leafs coach Randy Carlyle doesn’t think Joffrey Lupul’s absence will be long-term.
- Ken Wiebe: Jets forward Adam Lowry is day-to-day with an upper-body injury after crashing into the boards.
- Chris Kuc: Blackhawks Jonathan Toews has a lower-body injury. He practiced but didn’t partake in the scrimmage. It is not considered serious.