- Bruce Garrioch: Expect Jared Cowen and Senators to come to a four year deal worth around $12 million today.
- James Gordon: The Senators offered Cowen a four-year deal worth around $3 million yesterday according to assistant GM Tim Murray.
- John Shannon: Rangers Derek Stepan is prepared to take a two-year short-term deal. There is still a big gap in money.
- Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch: Tim Thomas’ agent said it’s “not likely” that he would join the Blue Jackets.
“We haven’t even really discussed it with the Blue Jackets,” said Markus Lehto, who represents Thomas with ACME World Sports. “But he does have offers on the table, and there has been interested from clubs. It’s just finding the right situation for him.”
- Hockey Central: Jared Boll and the Columbus Blue Jackets agree on a three-year contract extension.
- Darren Dreger: Mason Raymond’s agent, J.P. Barry, said there is no deal in place with the Maple Leafs. He could still end up elsewhere.