Morning Hits: Brunner, Three Goalies in FLA, Gilbert, Flyers, Capitals and Blackhawks
- Updated: September 17, 2013
- Tom Gulitti of the Bergon Record: The Devils have invited Damien Brunner to training on a PTO. He will join the team today for practice.
- Renaud Lavoie: If Tim Thomas makes the Panthers, his value should be around $2 to $2.5 million. The Goalie Guild: The Panthers should eat Scott Clemmensen’s salary as Jacob Markstrom could learn a lot playing with Thomas. George Richards: Thomas will be at practice this morning and will travel with the team to Texas. Options if Thomas makes the Panthers, they could trade Clemmensen, send Clemmensen to the minors and eat his $1.3 million or send Markstrom to the AHL as he’s on a two-way deal. George Richards: Panthers Scott Clemmensen is off his crutches. David Pagnotta: Has been told that the Panthers and Thomas have a one-year deal worked out and is pending on his performance at camp.
- Darren Dreger: Tom Gilbert has been invited to Panthers camp on a PTO. George Richards: Gilbert hasn’t accepted the offer yet. They would like to have him in before they leave for Texas on Wednesday.
- Anthony SanFilippo: Flyers defensive pairing against Washington last night: Coburn-Timonen, Morin-Streit, Manning-Konan.
- Mike Vogel: Capitals lines last night: Chimera-Fehr-Ward, Erat-Perreault-Mitchell, Burakovsky-Taffe-Segal, Stoa-Latta-Rechlicz.
- Chris Kuc: Expected Blackhawks line for tonight: Teuvo Teravainen, Patrick Kane and Bryan Bickell.
← Previous Story Cuts: Kings, Sabres, Avalanche, Ducks, Canadiens and Oilers