Injury Notes: Spezza, Torres, Skinner, Hornqvist, Atkinson, Schroeder, McLaren, Hossa, Bergenheim and Callahan
- Updated: September 27, 2013
- Ian Mendes: Senators Jason Spezza said that he has a mild strain, but wouldn’t say where the injury is. Added it’s not serious.
- David Pollak: Sharks Raffi Torres had surgery to repair a torn ACL in his right knee yesterday. Will be out for three to five months.
- Chip Alexander: Hurricanes Jeff Skinner is expected to miss the last two preseason games.
- Josh Cooper: Predators Patric Hornqvist is day-to-day with a lower-body injury.
- Chris Nichols: Sabres Joel Armia is out indefinitely with a broken hand.
- Shawn Mitchell: The Blue Jackets are being cautious with Cam Atkinson as he deals with a minor injury.
- Elliott Pap: Canucks Jordan Schroeder is wearing a ‘moon boot’ on his left foot and is using crutches.
- David Alter: Leafs Frazer McLaren may need another evaluation on his hand. He could become a candidate for the LTIR if it will keep him out longer.
- Mark Lazerus: Blackhawks Marian Hossa skated before practice yesterday and coach Quenneville hopes that he’s able to practice today. They are “shooting for” the season opener on Tuesday.
- Harvey Fialkov: Panthers Sean Bergenheim has made progress but won’t play any games until he practices with the team.
- Andrew Gross: Rangers coach Alain Vigneault confirms that Ryan Callahan has been cleared for contact. When asked if Callahan will be available for the season opener, Vigneault said “No, no, no.”
← Previous Story Tim Thomas Signs a One-Year Deal With the Panthers