- Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News: There have been rumors that the Flyers are looking to move a defenseman. They’ve been impressed with the play of Hal Gill, and have currently nine defenseman in camp. Erik Gustafsson would have to clear waivers and they really like him. GM Paul Holmgren on if there have been any trade talks.
“I’ve had conversations with people, but are they specifically asking (about defensemen)? No,” Holmgren said. “This time of year, you always ask questions like ‘What are you looking for?’ and ‘What do you need?’ It’s just general talk.
“This time of year, waivers everyday, there’s a lot of teams slipping guys down to the minors that way. It’s a critical time for every team as they try to fill out their roster.”
It’s unlikely that the Flyers are interested in UFA Simon Gagne.
- Nick Kypreos: New contracts for Henrik and Daniel Sedin could be in place by the start of the season if Canucks ownership accept the latest proposal.
- Allan Walsh: Comments made by Tomas Vokoun to Czech media were not reported accurately. He is feeling good and will begin light workouts next week. After meeting with doctors and the Penguins, a timeline for his return to action will made.
- Tim Panaccio: Was told not to expect any supplementary discipline for Zac Rinaldo regarding an elbow he threw last night.
- Igor Eronko: Reports that Jose Theodore signed a one-year deal with Omsk.
- Joe Yerdon: Senators owner Eugene Melnyk said they are over budget.
- Dmitry Chesnokov: Evgeny Kuznetsov won’t be conscripted into the Russian army despite an Army official saying it was possible.