Morning Hits: Kings, Bissonnette, Hybrid Icing, Ramo, Boyes, Pulock and KHL
- Updated: September 29, 2013
- Bob McKenzie: Barring a trade, the Kings are likely to waive one of Jeff Schultz or Keaton Ellerby. Tyler Toffoli and Linden Vey may have to be sent down to the AHL.
- Nick Kypreos: Additional video and testimonials supported reducing Paul Bissonnette’s suspension from 10 games to three. The suspension reduction was negotiated. Sarah McLellan: From NHL release: “None of the on-ice officials definitively contradict Bissonnette’s contention,” He can return on October 10th against the Red Wings. Will forfeit $11,346.15.
- Rob Parent: Brendan Shanahen said that Zac Rinaldo’s hit on Mikhail Grabovski was with his arm and not his elbow.
- Chris Kuc: Blackhawks Duncan Keith on hybrid icing: “I just don’t like it. I don’t really understand it. There’s still danger racing to the puck.”
- Bob McKenzie: Looking like Karri Ramo will be the Flames opening game starter for the Flames. Joey MacDonald likely to be the backup.
- Chris Johnson: Brad Boyes signs a one-year, $1 million deal with the Panthers.
- Ryan Kennedy: The Islanders have signed 2013 1st round draft pick, Ryan Pulock, to an entry level deal.
- Igor Eronko: Norwegian report that the KHL plans to have a team in Norway starting next season.
← Previous Story Injury Notes: Letang, Spezza, Crawford, Weiss and Elias