- Stephen Whyno CP on Yahoo!: Section 24.2 in the NHL rule book.
“The spin-o-rama type move where the player completes a 360 (degree) turn as he approaches the goal, shall be permitted as this involves continuous motion. However, should the puck come to a complete stop at any time during the shot attempt, the shot shall be stopped and no goal will be the result.”
Back on Sept. 30th, Colin Campbell to all managers.
“What I said to the managers on our call, to managers and coaches, to make sure to inform the players that if they do try this move that we will be examining it closely and they could very well have a goal taken back,” Campbell said, as quoted by the league’s site. “It could happen if 1) there is interference on the goaltender or 2) the puck stops completely or 3) their motion stops completely and/or reverses.”
- Bruce Arthur: Darren Dreger just said on the radio that a Flyers source openly wondered if Luke Schenn can even play anymore. James Mirtle: Mirtle responds with: “Seems like they felt that way about JVR at one point, too…”
- Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune: Blackhawks Patrick Sharp is awaiting the birth of his second child in the upcoming weeks and is willing to miss some time to be there.
- Mark Spector: Cory Schneider will start in net tonight for the Devils against the Canucks.
- George Richards: Panthers lines: Huberdeau with Goc and Versteeg, Barkov with Fleischmann and Boyes.