- Igor Eronko: KHL’s Neftekhimik’s said there is a chance that Nail Yakupov could return to Russia. Coach added: ‘Nail’s father saw possible future problems back in summer.’
- Joanne Ireland of the Edmonton Journal: Oilers Nail Yakupov on being a healthy scratch against the Maple Leafs.
“I wasn’t happy about it last night,” said Yakupov. “You can say a million words about getting better but coach says I’m not playing, so I’m not playing.
“I’m not happy about it. I just want to play every game.
“I’m going to play my game,” he said. “I’m not going to change but maybe play better without the puck, or forecheck more, but I love playing with the puck. I really don’t like skating all the time, and forechecking, and hitting somebody every shift. I don’t think it’s my game.”
Oilers coach Dallas Easkins:
“I explained that to him,” said the coach. “I said you’re in tough. I have four wingers ahead of you right now who are playing better. Your job is to take one of them out.
“Players will always tell you this: play me more and I’ll play better. The coach always says, play better and I’ll play you more. We’re going to go by the coach’s rules.”
- Sam Carchidi: Carchidi was told that the Flyers were not close to trading for Bobby Ryan in the offseason.
- Igor Eronko: Steve Montador retired due to health issues.
- Darren Dreger: The Stars put Chris Mueller on waivers. The Coyotes put Jeff Halpren on waivers.
- Bruce Garrioch: Most of the six scouts at the Senators game last night are from the area.
- Corey Pronman: Lightning prospect Andrei Vasilevski is now the starter for Salavat Yulaev of the KHL.
- Bob Stauffer: Oilers lines yesterday: Hall-RNH-Hemsky/Yakupov, Smyth-Arcobello-Eberle, Perron-Gordon-Joensuu ,Gazdic-Acton-Brown.
- Tom Gulitti: Devils lines: Zubrus-Elias-Jagr; Clowe-Zajac-Brunner; Henrique-Loktionov-Ryder; Olesz-Gionta-Bernier.
- Robert Tychkowski of the Edmonton Sun: Oilers coach Dallas Eakins is leaning to go with Jason LaBarbera today against the Capitals.