Injury Notes: Nash, Khudobin, Erskine, Letang, Lehtonen, Howard, Drewiske, Bjugstad, Thomas, Calvert and Noesen
- Updated: October 15, 2013
- Pat Leonard: The Rangers put Rick Nash on the IR.
- Chip Alexander: Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford said that Anton Khudobin will be put on the IR. It may only be for the short term and called the injury a “best-case scenario.” Justin Peters will be recalled. Khudobin’s injury is still being called a “lower-body” injury. Alexander was told isn’t a knee or ankle injury.
- Chuck Gormley: Capitals John Erskine (upper-body) skated yesterday but wasn’t able to go just yet.
- Rob Rossi: Penguins Kris Letang practiced yesterday. Beau Bennett and James Neal didn’t practice.
- Mark Stepneski: The Stars have put goalie Kari Lehtonen on the IR retroactive to October 11th. Defenseman Aaron Rome was sent to the AHL on a conditioning assignment.
- Elliotte Friedman: Jonas Gustavsson was announced as a late starter yesterday as Jimmy Howard has an injury. Ansar Khan: Red Wings GM Ken Holland said Howard’s bruised hand injury is not significant and that he might play today. Helene St. James: Jimmy Howard said he doubtful for tonight.
- Marc Antoine Godin: Canadiens Davis Drewiske (shoulder) was expected to only be out for four to six weeks, but “it will be longer” according to a team source. Was hoping for an end of October return.
- Steve Gorten: Panthers Nick Bjugstad on returning to the lineup tonight: “I feel pretty in shape and ready to go mentally so we’ll see what happens.”
- Steve Gorten: Panthers coach Kevin Dineen said that Tim Thomas looked okay during practice, but he won’t travel with the team to Nashville and is questionable for Thursday against the Bruins.
- Aaron Portzline: Blue Jackets winger Matt Calvert will miss an extended period of time after having abdominal surgery today.
- Helene Elliott: Ducks prospect Stefan Noesen will be out for the season with a torn ACL and MCL.