Morning Rumors: Elliott, Rangers, Oilers, Panthers and Predators Asst. GM
- Updated: October 21, 2013
- The Fourth Period: If the Blues received a good offer for Brian Elliott, they would seriously consider trading him. The Oilers inquired, but they couldn’t make a deal.
- The Fourth Period: The Rangers are looking at the trade market and are looking for a top-six forward.
- The Fourth Period: The Oilers are looking for help along the blueline and a gritty two-way forward. It’s unclear who they are targeting. The Sabres may be looking to move Steve Ott. They Panthers are reportedly looking to trade Tomas Fleischmann, Kris Versteeg and Scott Upshall.
- George Richards of the Miami Herald: The Ottawa Sun reported yesterday that the Panthers could start trading some of their veteran players, but Richards said that isn’t likely to happen until closer to the trade deadline if they are out of contention. Tim Thomas is on a one-year deal and could be attractive to some teams.
- John Vogl: Fans are calling for Sabres GM Darcy Regier’s firing. Predators assistant GM Paul Fenton could be inline for a move to GM somewhere.
← Previous Story Morning Hits: Biron, Staubitz, Leafs, Blackhawks, Canucks and Flames