Morning Hits: Emery, Kaleta, Varlamov, Barch, Schenn, All-Star Game and JVR
- Updated: November 3, 2013
- Nick Cotsonika: Flyers Ray Emery will not receive any supplementary discipline for his fight with Braden Holtby as he didn’t break any rules according the rule book. Emery’s actions were involved with the aggressor rule, but you need to be an aggressor three times in a season before a player gets a two-game suspension. Dejan Kovacevic: Gary Bettman can suspend or fine player at his discretion. In the labor agreement.
- Eye on Hockey: The Sabres put Patrick Kaleta on waivers.
- Eric Macramalla: Semyon Varlamov’s pending criminal charges may keep him out of Canada for the Avs game on Dec. 5th against the Oilers. He may need to get a special permit to enter the country.
- John Vogl: The Sabres have brought in Randy Cunneyworth to work on their scouting staff.
- Krys Barch: ” I would rather break my nose and continue to play then break my hand and miss two months!!!” … Barch asked why a company could not make a clip off visor.
- Bill Meltzer: Luke Schenn was a healthy scratch last night.
- NHL on TSN: The Blue Jackets will host the 2015 NHL All-Star game.
- James Mirtle: Wonders if the Leafs will move James van Riemsdyk to center due to their injuries.