Morning Hits: Berard, Suter, Pearson, Emelin, Prust and Giguere
- Updated: November 14, 2013
- New York Daily News: Former NHL Bryan Berard worked with a former policeman and the FBI to bring down two men for multiple fraud counts. Two men ripped off upwards of $$15 million from at least a 12 former and current NHLers. Berard, along with Michael Peca, Mattias Norstrom, Jere Lehtinen, Glen Murray and Jozef Stumpel.
- Chris Johnston: Only 10 times NHL players have played over 35 minutes in a game (non-playoff) since 2007. Wild’s Ryan Suter has done it three times in the past week.
- John Hoven: The Kings have recalled Tanner Pearson.
- John Lu: The Canadiens have returned Greg Pateryn and Gabriel Dumont back to the AHL. Alexei Emelin and Brandon Prust returns are imminent.
- Adrian Dater of the Denver Post: J.S. Giguere will start in net for the Avalanche tonight.