Morning Rumors: Jets, Kane, Flyers, Bruins, Hurricanes and Scouting the Habs-Flyers
- Updated: December 13, 2013
- The Fourth Period: Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff continues to get calls on Evander Kane, but won’t move unless he gets an offer he can’t refuse. The Canadiens talked to the Jets about Kane in the summer and during the season. The Rangers, Flyers, Islanders, Panthers and a few others have kicked tires on Kane. The Canadiens and Flyers are said to be the most aggressive. The Flyers and Jets have been scouting each other. The cost for Kane is believed to be two NHL proven top six forwards and a top prospect or pick. The Flyers might be willing to part with Brayden Schenn, Matt Read and a prospect/pick for Kane.
- Joe Haggerty of CSNNE: Haggerty expects the Bruins to be interested in Evander Kane if/when the Jets get tired of his act. Haggerty wonders if Bruins fans would be okay with sending Brad Marchand, Jordan Caron, Malcolm Subban and a high draft pick for Kane.
- The Fourth Period: The Hurricanes are looking to make a big move to help improve their chances of getting into the playoffs. Sources saying GM Jim Rutherford working the phones but coming up empty. They are most likely looking to move Justin Peters. Teams have called about Jeff Skinner, but talks didn’t get far. Rutherford would like to add defenseman and a second-line scorer.
- David Strehle: Scouting the Canadiens – Flyers: Blackhawks, Blues (2), Flames, Capitals and Jets.