Morning Rumors: Scrivens, Callahan, Girardi, Clarkson, Oilers, Holland, Gardiner and the Hotstove
- Updated: December 15, 2013
- Steve Simmons of the Toronto Sun: Simmons thinks “it’s all but certain” that he Kings trade Ben Scrivens once Jonathan Quick comes back.
- Larry Brooks of the NY Post: If the Rangers are unable to re-sign Ryan Callahan and/or Dan Girardi before the trade deadline, they must consider trading them for draft picks and prospects.
- Jonathan Willis of the Edmonton Journal: The Oilers wanted to David Clarkson before his signed with the Maple Leafs. Clarkson has struggled with the Leafs so far this season and Willis wonders the Oilers would consider trading for him if the Leafs want to get out of his contract.
- Hope Smoke: Dreger has said that Maple Leafs coach Randy Carlyle better get use to Peter Holland whether he likes it or not. McKenzie saying that GM Dave Nonis has to tell Carlyle to play Jake Gardiner.
- Brad Ziemer: Elliotte Friedman said on CBC last night that Laurence Gilman could be interviewed for the Flames GM position.
- Roger Millions: Friedman said that the Flames have asked and have been granted permission to talk with Bruins assistant GM Jim Benning.
- Hockey Night in Canada Hotstove: Panel talks about Shawn Thornton’s suspension, Sochi Olympic update, Flames and Sabres GM vacancy. The Hurricanes will likely move one of Justin Peters or Anton Khudobin soon. Friedman wouldn’t be surprised if Oilers move Linus Omark.
← Previous Story Morning Hits: Thornton, Clarkson, Porter, Peluso and Engelland