Morning Hits: Wilson, Steen, Neuvirth, Rielly, Ristolainen, Hamil, McElhinney and Ramo
- Updated: December 19, 2013
- Bob McKenzie: Capitals Tom Wilson will have a hearing at noon today.
- Andy Strickland: Alex Steen salary breakdown: $5.1 million, $5.8 million and $6.5 million with a no-trade clause.
- Kevin Gibson: Players have received 108 games for suspensions so far this season. Players suspended for 44 games last season, 136 games for the entire 2011-12 season.
- Mike Vogel: Capitals Michal Neuvirth returns from his AHL conditioning stint.
- Bob McKenzie: The Leafs won’t be sending Morgan Rielly to the WJC.
- Sami Hoffren: Rasmus Ristolainen’s status for Finland at the WJC is uncertain due to post-concussion syndrome. Decision day is tomorrow.
- Darren Dreger: The Canucks put Zach Hamill on unconditional waivers for purpose of terminating his contract. The Stars put Maxime Fortunus on waivers.
- Shawn Mitchell: Curtis McElhinney (lower-body) will start tonight if he’s “100 percent.” McElhinny said he’s ready.
- Calgary Flames: Karri Ramo will start in net for the Flames tonight against the Wings.