Injury Notes: Loungo, Sedin, Staal, Clarkson, Gunnarsson, Petrovic, Bishop, Brown and Kassian
- Updated: January 6, 2014
- Ben Kuzma: Canucks Roberto Luongo’s injury is from the Dustin Brown collision and he could be longer than day-to-day. Chris Higgins has the flu. Renaud Lavoie: Luongo will have a MRI today to determine the extent of the injury.
- Iain MacIntyre of the Vancouver Sun: Canucks Henrik Sedin visited with the Anaheim Ducks doctors after the game.
- Kurt Dusterberg of NHL.com: The Hurricanes were without Eric Staal last night, and could be without him for five or six days according to coach Kirk Muller. Staal left Saturday’s game with a lower-body injury.
- Jonas Siegel: Maple Leafs David Clarkson (foot) and Carl Gunnarsson (upper-body) didn’t practice yesterday. Clarkson’s foot is just bruised and they are hopeful that he’ll be able to go on Tuesday.
- Florida Panthers: Panthers Alex Petrovic (upper-body) and Dylan Olsen (lower-body) won’t travel with the team.
- Damian Cristodero: Lightning’s Ben Bishop left last night’s game. Jim Matheson: It’s Bishop’s right (blocker) hand. Stayed on the bench. He injured the hand back in November.
- Damian Cristodero: Lightning’s JT Brown had his right shoulder wrapped after the game. He doesn’t think he’ll miss any time.
- Curtis Zupke: Coach John Tortorella said that Zack Kassian is day-to-day.