Injury Notes: Canadiens, Blackhawks, Avalanche, Senators, Devils, Red Wings, Ducks and Flyers
- Updated: January 8, 2014
- Elliotte Friedman: Canadiens Alex Galchenyuk will be out six weeks with a broken hand.
- Chicago Blackhawks: Nikolai Khabibulin had rotator cuff surgery and is out for four to five months.
- Adrian Dater of the Denver Post: Avs Ryan O’Reilly might miss Thursday’s game because of a shoulder injury that he suffered while celebrating their 3rd goal of the game. Nathan MacKinnon didn’t practice yesterday, but is expected to play against the Senators. David Van Der Gulik has been recalled.
- Ken Warren of the Ottawa Citizen: Senators Jason Spezza has missed the last four games with a hip flexor injury. He could return tonight.
- Rich Chere: Devils Damien Brunner’s right knee is improving, but he isn’t skating yet.
- Helene St. James: Red Wings groin issues: practicing yesterday were Pavel Datsyuk, Danny DeKeyser and Darren Helm. Not practicing were Johan Franzen and Jonas Gustavsson.
- Adrian Dater via Sulia: Avs coach Patrick Roy said that Alex Tanguay’s skate went well yesterday and he will continue his rehab.
- Curtis Zupke: Ducks Dustin Penner is day-to-day with an upper-body injury.
- Anaheim Ducks: The Ducks put Brian Allen on the IR with a lower-body injury and recall Nolan Yonkman.
Brayden Schenn got nicked by a skate. This is what it looks like. Yikes. pic.twitter.com/jDlLDRMjPa
— Katie Brown (@katie_brown47) January 8, 2014