Injury Notes: Canes, Wings, Blues, Flyers, Blue Jackets, Devils, Lightning, Leafs, Canucks, Avs and Sharks
- Updated: January 9, 2014
- Chip Alexander: Hurricanes Eric Staal will be out a couple more games. Cam Ward could skate today.
- Michael Smith: Hurricanes Jiri Tlusty (appendectomy) and Riley Nash (lower-body) practiced yesterday. Both players are still on the IR.
- Helene St. James: Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said that Danny DeKeyser will be back tonight, Darren Helm is a possibility. Pavel Datsyuk and Johan Franzen won’t be in the lineup.
- Helene St. James: Red Wings defenseman Jonathan Ericsson on his rib injury: “I would be happy if within two weeks I could play again.” He is certain that he will be ready for the Olympics.
- Jeremy Rutherford: Blues coach Ken Hitchcock said that TJ Oshie is considered day-to-day.
- Sam Carchidi: Flyers coach Craig Berube said that Matt Read is not regressing, but is not improving. He is still day-to-day.
- Erik Erlendsson: Lightning’s Ben Bishop remains day-to-day, but is not expected to play tonight.
- Shawn Mitchell: Blue Jackets Fedor Tyutin (lower-body) didn’t practice yesterday. Matt Calvert (shoulder) did practice.
- Todd Cordell: The Devils put Jacob Josefson on the IR.
- Jonas Siegel: Maple Leafs David Clarkson practiced yesterday morning, first time since injuring his foot. James Mirtle: Clarkson is likely to play tonight.
- James Mirtle: Maple Leafs Carl Gunnarsson is sounding probable for tonight. Coach Randy Carlyle liked what he saw from the Phaneuf-Gleason pairing, which could change up their D pairings if Gunnarsson can play.
- Elliott Pap: Canucks prospect Hunter Shinkarek had shoulder surgery on Tuesday and will be rehabbing for five to six months.
- Colorado Avalanche: Avs Ryan O’Reilly (shoulder) and Nate Guenin (ankle) didn’t play last night. Both are day-to-day.
- Rich Chere: Devils GM Lou Lamoriello said that Patrik Elias is day-to-day. Damien Brunner is not skating yet but is ahead of schedule.
- San Jose Sharks: Sharks GM Doug Wilson on Logan Couture: “Logan underwent successful surgery today by team orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Arthur Ting, and is expected to make a full recovery.”