Morning Hits: 2015 Draft, Winter Classic, Telegin, Ramo, Corrado, McGinn, D’Amigo, Crawford and Brodeur
- Updated: January 14, 2014
- George Richards: The Panthers will host the 2015 NHL draft.
- George Richards: The NHL promised the Panthers a draft and All-Star game if Broward County paid for a new scoreboard.
- James Mirtle: The Winter Classic made $20 million, which could raise the salary cap $400,000.
- Ken Wiebe: The Jets have suspended Ivan Telegin for failing to report to the St. John’s of the AHL. Winnipeg Jets: The Jets lift their suspension of Telegin and assign him to the CSKA Moscow of the KHL.
- Randy Sportak: Kari Ramo’s shutout last night was the first by a Flames goalie not named Miikka Kiprusoff in nearly 10 years.
- Farhan Lalji: The Canucks send Frank Corrado to the AHL.
- Dave Isaac: The Flyers send Tye McGinn to the AHL. Could mean that Matt Read is ready to return to the lineup.
- David Alter: The Maple Leafs sent Jerry D’Amigo to the AHL and recall Peter Holland.
- Renaud Lavoie: Blackhawks Corey Crawford didn’t get confirmation that he’d be an injury replacement for Team Canada.
- Tom Gulitti: Martin Brodeur will start in net for the Devils.
- Dmitry Chesnokov: Former NHLer Steve Eminger has been waived by CSKA of the KHL.
← Previous Story Injury Notes: Stamkos, Steen, Polak, Penguins, Read, Gagner and Hall