VIDEO: SportsNet HC Trade Tracker: Avalanche’s Jamie McGinn

Hockey Central panel discusses whether the Avalanche should trade Jamie McGinn. John Shannon thinks that teams that are looking for forward depth might be interest. He’s an RFA, so teams would at least get him for one more year if he goes to arbitration. If the Avs are to trade him, they may rather send him to the East and not within the West.

Who do you think the should trade for McGinn and at what cost?

(video posted Jan. 11th)

1. tdeuce92

January 14, 2014 at 1:42 pm

I’d trade him. I’m an Avs fan, but I think his numbers are inflated by playing with Duchene who can make anyone look good. His value is high right now as a result so look for a deal to bring in DelZotto or a more skilled left wing.

January 14, 2014 at 2:06 pm

I think he’ll get traded back to San Jose for a defensive prospect and a pick.

3. Hans

January 14, 2014 at 3:58 pm

Avs need gritty wingers that could score. So if they’re gonna give up on him, I say get a tough top 4 defenceman if possible or a defensive prospect and another young forward prospect.
    I think he’s capable of being a consistent 20 goal winger in this league.

4. frank cerbone

January 14, 2014 at 4:17 pm

Why would Rangers trade a defenseman that has been on/off top 4 defenseman for 4 years and is only like 23
    for a player who has only played more than 60 gms once in his life? He’s only a 10-11 goal, 3rd or 4th liner.

5. bryan

January 22, 2014 at 12:54 am

Flyers get McGinn and second round pick or third. Avs get Hartnall. Thats a good trade for both and McGinn will play better in a hard nose team like Philly

6. JoeR

January 31, 2014 at 12:45 pm

To teams that would benefit from swapping two players are the Av’s and the Rangers, McGinn for Callahan. I am a huge Rangers Fan and care a lot for Callahan but then again this is a business and I was upset to see Gaborik go too! Just think what both teams get and how they benefit from this! Callahan goes West Coast and McGinn goes East Coast, right there the players trade can’t really hurt either team. McGinn adds the scoring that Callahan has lacked (mainly due to injury this year) this year, the Rangers have one of the lowest GPG Avg and the Av’s get a give-it-his-all with leadership ability and all while both teams retain enforcers with skill sets. Glenn, make the call, it’s a no brainer!

7. JoeR

January 31, 2014 at 12:47 pm

To teams that would benefit from swapping two players are the Av’s and the Rangers, McGinn for Callahan. I am a huge Rangers Fan and care a lot for Callahan but then again this is a business and I was upset to see Gaborik go too! Just think what both teams get and how they benefit from this! Callahan goes West Coast and McGinn goes East Coast, right there the players trade can’t really hurt either team. McGinn adds the scoring that Callahan has lacked (mainly due to injury) this year, the Rangers have one of the lowest GPG Avg and the Av’s get a give-it-his-all with leadership ability and all while both teams retain enforcers with skill sets. Glenn, make the call, it’s a no brainer!