- Edmonton Oilers 2014-15 Season Primer
- Vancouver Canucks 2014-15 Season Primer
- San Jose Sharks 2014-15 Season Primer
- Los Angeles Kings 2014-15 Season Primer
- Calgary Flames 2014-15 Season Primer
- Arizona Coyotes 2014-15 Season Primer
- Anaheim Ducks 2014-15 Season Primer
- Winnipeg Jets 2014-15 Season Primer
- St. Louis Blues 2014-15 Season Primer
- Nashville Predators 2014-15 Season Primer
- Minnesota Wild 2014-15 Season Primer
- Dallas Stars 2014-15 Season Primer
- Colorado Avalanche 2014-15 Season Primer
- Chicago Blackhawks 2014-15 Season Primer
- Washington Capitals 2014-15 Season Primer
- Pittsburgh Penguins 2014-15 Season Primer
- Philadelphia Flyers 2014-15 Season Primer
- New York Rangers 2014-15 Season Primer
- New York Islanders 2014-15 Season Primer
- New Jersey Devils 2014-15 Season Primer
- Columbus Blue Jackets 2014-15 Season Primer
- Carolina Hurricanes 2014-15 Season Primer
- Toronto Maple Leafs 2014-15 Season Primer
- Tampa Bay Lightning 2014-15 Season Primer
- Ottawa Senators 2014-15 Season Primer
- Montreal Canadiens 2014-15 Season Primer
- Florida Panthers 2014-15 Season Primer
- Detroit Red Wings 2014-15 Season Primer
- Buffalo Sabres 2014-15 Season Primer
- Boston Bruins 2014-15 Season Primer
Morning Rumors II: Ducks, Leafs, Bruins, Canucks, Stars, Jets, Oilers, Sharks and Avs
- Updated: January 15, 2014
- Pierre LeBrun: Ducks GM Bob Murray on Jonas Hiller trade rumors:
“There’s not a chance in hell that I’m moving Jonas Hiller,” Murray told ESPN.com on Tuesday evening. “I’m tired of hearing about the rumors. I can tell you Jonas is not going anywhere.”
- Damien Cox of the Toronto Star: Cox thinks the Tim Leiweke and the Maple Leafs will be targeting Steven Stamkos in 2016 when he could become a UFA. If he’s not re-signed before, the Leafs could be in a position to offer him a huge deal, maybe close to the 20 percent max. If the salary cap his around $80 million, that could be around $16 million a season.
- Joe MacDonald of ESPN Boston: The Bruins may have to look for a defenseman before the trade deadline. They will try from within for now, but even though they have depth at the position now, it may not be enough for a playoff run.
- The Fourth Period: The Canucks are said to be looking for a top-nine forward, a center for their third line. Pierre LeBrun said they could use their blueline depth to acquire a center. Brad Richardson is their current third line center, so they could add a forth line center or a top-nine winger.
- Pierre LeBrun of ESPN: Teams may look to get the jump on the trade deadline and make a deal before the February 7th Olympic trade freeze. One issue for teams acquiring a player(s) before the deadline is that they would have to pay their salary during the two week break.
- Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News: GM Jim Nill is looking at deals, but it’s really hard to find a match. If the Stars are out if it by the trade deadline, players that could become available are: Vern Fiddler, Ray Whitney and Erik Cole. Nill brought in Shawn Horcoff and Sergei Gonchar, so it’s unlikely they move. Heika thinks the Stars will look to improve their blueline, but that isn’t easy to do. They could also look at moving Trevor Daley or Alex Goligoski.
- Howard Berger of Berger Bytes: A source said that the Maple Leafs are looking for depth and size up front.
“From what I understand, David is looking for a big body… someone that can spark a more aggressive forecheck, which the Leafs have been lacking, and – just as importantly – can be relied upon in the playoffs,” said a Western Conference scout. “Acquiring a skilled player of that ilk is difficult, but Toronto could have a big [trading] chip on the blue-line.”
Berger doesn’t think the Maple Leafs will trade James Reimer before the trade deadline, but wonders if they could get Dustin Byfuglien for Reimer and Carl Gunnarsson.
- James Mirtle of the Globe and Mail: Leafs GM Dave Nonis won’t be trading all their draft picks and good young players for immediate help according to Tim Leiweke.
“What we will not do, I promise you, is we’re not going to knee-jerk,” Leiweke told the Fan 590. “We will not give away our good kids, we’re not going to give away all of our draft picks. This is a long-term vision. And what we’re not going to do is panic and do a bad deal…
“This organization in the past has had a bad track record of knee-jerking and doing deals that were bad deals and using good young assets. We won’t do that anymore.”
- SportsNet: Scott Morrison, Nick Kypreos and Mark Spector: Joe Nieuwendyk may be the Flames main GM target. Capitals GM George McPhee may be their ‘Plan B’ GM target as he’s in the last year of his deal. Jets trade chips could be Dustin Byfuglien and Evander Kane. The Oilers are overvaluing Sam Gagner and Ales Hemsky. Hemsky may only bring a 3rd round pick. Sharks Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau are both expected to re-sign. Paul Stastny may their odd man out in Colorado. They may not look to move Stastny at the deadline if they are in the playoff race, unless they are able to fill another hole like a big winger or a top-four defenseman. The Sabres may give Ted Nolan a contract extension soon.