Injury Notes: Souray, Rinne, Aulie, Hannon, Gustavsson, Anderson, Parise, Yakupov and Santorelli
- Updated: January 17, 2014
- Pierre LeBrun: Ducks defenseman Sheldon Souray will have season ending wrist surgery today. Eric Stephens: Souray was still bothered by pain and discomfort from the torn ligaments in his wrist from an offseason workout.
- Pierre LeBrun of ESPN: Predators GM David Poile on Pekka Rinne.
“We have no timetable,” Poile said. “He’s been given the green light to work out. Maybe there’s a shot by the Olympic break? Maybe it’s after the Olympic break? I just couldn’t tell you right now.”
- Erik Erlendsson: Lightning’s Keith Aulie has not been medically cleared yet. He should get clearance in a week or so.
- David Pollak: Sharks Scott Hannan is out with an upper-body injury from an elbow to the jaw by Red Wings Daniel Cleary. You would be right if you called it a concussion.
- Helene St. James: Red Wings Jonas Gustavsson should be ready to return on Saturday.
- Helene St. James: Red Wings Joakim Anderson is out with a lower-body injury and is day-to-day.
- Michael Russo: Wild’s Zach Parise: “I’m trying to get in a game as soon as I can in a smart and safe way. That’s the best timeline I can give you.”
- Rob Tychkowski: Oilers Nail Yakupov left last night’s game with a head injury.
- Ben Kuzma: Canucks Mike Santorelli left the arena with his right arm in a sling. It could be a shoulder injury.