Morning Rumors I: Habs Turn Down Bourque-Parenteau Offer? Other Avs and Canadiens Notes
- Updated: 01/28/2014
- Louis Jean: The Canadiens turn down a trade offer from the Avalanche, Rene Bourque for P.A. Parenteau. Adrian Dater: “Not true”
- Adrian Dater: The Avalanche made P.A. Parenteau a healthy scratch last night. Coach Patrick Roy said the decision was based on Parenteau just coming off the IR and the need for him to get stronger.
- Hope Smoke: Bob McKenzie: “Parenteau came back early from his knee injury and hasn’t looked right. Healthy scratch tonight due to performance” … “There are a lot of rumblings that the Avs aren’t married to him. I would say he’s available.”
- Hope Smoke: McKenzie: “Therien is not going anywhere” … “I’m telling you right now, unless the Canadiens go horribly downhill, Bergevin will not make a coaching change in season”
- Hope Smoke: McKenzie: “Bergevin is trying to make a deal but so are all the other teams right now”
- The Fourth Period: Sounding like the Canadiens are onto something soon. They’ve been looking for a top-six winger. They’ve been in talks with a few teams lately and talks with one team have increased. Sounding like it could be close.
- The Fourth Period: Rene Bourque, Daniel Briere and Brian Gionta’s names are part of the Canadiens rumors. Gionta has a no-trade clause. Briere has a no-movement clause. Bourque has a limited no-trade clause. GM Marc Bergevin won’t overpay for a rental, but is willing to move young prospects to improve their roster. Though unlikely to be moved, teams are calling about P.K. Subban, Max Pacioretty, Brendan Gallagher and Lars Eller.
- The Fourth Period: Sources saying the Canadiens, Senators and Red Wings are among the teams interested in Parenteau.
- Adrian Dater of the Denver Post: Dater could see the Avalanche trading Parenteau, but they already have a lot forwards and have worries on their blueline. If they were able to get a nice defenseman for Parenteau, Dater could see it happening. Dater wonders if the Canadiens would give up a defenseman or another forward like Brian Gionta. Dater would only trade Parenteau for a defenseman.
← Previous Story Injury Notes: Hartnell, Perry, Fasth, Martinez and Rinne