Morning Rumors II: Canadiens, Avs, Devils, Kings, Panthers, Lightning, Preds, Leafs and Ducks
- Updated: January 29, 2014
- Craig Custance: A GM on where trade talks are for most teams: “Everybody is just kind of in the feeling out stage.”
- Hope Smoke: Maple Leafs Dave Poulin: “There is a lot of trade discussion going on and that will continue during the Olympic break.”
- Louis Jean: (through google translate) Sources saying the Canadiens did decline a Bourque-Parenteau trade. The Canadiens asked for Jamie McGinn. Bourque and Parenteau were considered to balance out salaries.
- Jeff Gordon of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch: The Devils are looking for a left winger to play with Travis Zajac and Jaromir Jagr.
- Renaud Lavoie: It’s not a secret that the Kings need some players that can score. The Panthers are willing to trade. Lots of teams scouting the Panthers-Bruins.
- Dennis Bernstein: Kings fans need to remember: “If team doesn’t respond soon, Deano may hold, not rent if he thinks team not a contender.”
- The Fourth Period: The Lightning would like to add a top-four defenseman by the trade deadline. There was rumors that they might have been interested in Brian Rafalski, but he was released due to injuries. “I’m done,” he told the Ft. Myers News-Press. “My back is no good. That was one of the hurdles.” One option could be Andrew MacDonald if the Islanders are not able to re-sign him.
- Dennis Bernstein: When asked if David Legwand could be moved by the deadline: if Shea Weber’s injury is serious, there could be a good chance that Legwand is moved.
- Hope Smoke: Maple Leafs Dave Poulin: “Our priorities are going to be our own free agents. We have a big one in Bolland who is ironically in the same position as Stamkos.”
- Lance Pugmire and Lisa Dillman: Ducks GM Bob Murray said that he and his staff spent an hour looking at ways to improve their roster.
“This is no different than any year; you’re always trying to get better, never satisfied,” Murray said. The NHL trade deadline is March 5. “Lately, our team play has not been as good as when we were banged up.”
← Previous Story Morning Rumors I: Goalie Version – Miller, Ward, Thomas and Brodeur