Morning Hits: Coyotes, Outdoor Games, Olympics, Stars, Ducks, Flyers, Flames, Jets and Starting Goalies
- Updated: January 30, 2014
- Chris Nichols: Starting in 2014-15, the Phoenix Coyotes will be known as the Arizona Coyotes.
- Darren Dreger: There are likely to be four outdoor games next season. Teams that are showing interest are the Sharks, Coyotes, Avalanche, Bruins and the Wild. The Maple Leafs are pushing for a Winter Classic. The Canadiens and Senators want a game, and the Jets are expected to get the 2016 Heritage Classic.
- Chris Nichols: Bill Daly said they will wait until after the 2014 Sochi Olympics before they start to look at the 2018 Olympics in South Korea.
- Mike Heika: The Stars have agreed to a three year contract extension with Ryan Garbutt. Mark Stepneski: Garbutt gets $5.4 million over three years.
- Eric Stephens: The Ducks sign Mark Fistric to a three year deal with $3.8 million: $1.1 million, $1.2 million and $1.5 million.
- Dave Isaac: The Flyers have put Chris VandeVelde on waivers.
- Wes Gilbertson: Flames Blair Jones to waivers.
- Joe Yerdon: The Jets send Paul Postma to the AHL for a conditioning assignment.
- Jeremy Rutherford: Jaroslav Halak will start against the Hurricanes, Brian Elliott will start against the Predators.
- Sarah McLellan: Thomas Greiss will start in net for the Coyotes against the Sabres.
- Bruce Garrioch: Craig Anderson will start in net for the Senators.
← Previous Story Injury Notes: Flames, Canucks, Flyers, Maple Leafs and Senators