Injury Notes: Kiovu, Green, Grabovski, Bonino, Sobotka, McLaren, Stastny, Timonen, Ramo and Russell
- Updated: February 2, 2014
- Michael Russo of the Star-Tribune: Wild’s Mikko Koivu did practice with the team last week, but he did not travel with the team. It’s not looking like he’ll get into any games before the break.
“I don’t want to say anything yet,” Yeo said. “I would call Tuesday a longshot right now and I don’t want to speculate at all beyond that.”
- Chelsea Janes of the Washington Post: Capitals coach Adam Oates thinks that Mike Green will play today.
- Chuck Gormley: Capitals Mikhail Grabovski (left foot/ankle) was able to skate on his own yesterday. Coach Adam Oates added that he’s “a ways away” though.
- Eric Stephens: Ducks Nick Bonino (upper-body) will be put on the IR and will miss at least the next two games.
- Lou Korac: Blues Vladimir Sobotka is day-to-day with a lower-body injury.
- Jonas Siegel: The Maple Leafs have activated Frazer McLaren from the IR.
- Mike Chambers: Avs Paul Stastny (ankle) and Alex Tanguay (knee) missed yesterday’s game.
- Dave Isaac of the Courier Post: Flyers Kimmo Timonen is day-to-day with a lower-body injury. He left last Tuesday’s game after blocking a shot.
- Aaron Vickers: Flames Karri Ramo left last night’s game with a lower-body injury. Wes Gilbertson: Flames coach Hartley on Ramo’s injury: “I don’t think that it’s major but, obviously, you never know. I’m not a doctor.”
- Wes Gilbertson: Flames defenseman Kris Russell has an upper-body injury.
← Previous Story Morning Hits: Chara, Varlamov, McCarthy, Kennedy and Shore