Injury Notes: Isles, Lightning, Wings, Blue Jackets, Rangers, Capitals, Wild, Leafs, Habs, Preds, Jets, Coyotes, Pens and Ducks
- Updated: February 20, 2014
- Arthur Staple: John Tavares has a knee injury and is done for the Olympics. Initial news on Tavares is not good, could be multiple ligament damage.
- Damian Cristodero: Lightning’s Steven Stamkos’ timetable is still open ended. The goal for him to is be ready to play against the Predators. He’ll likely have an x-ray on Monday. The best case scenario is that he play on their road trip. Worst case is that he’ll be ready for their homestand starting on March 6th.
- Helene St. James: Red Wings Henrik Zetterberg will be flying home on Thursday on an NHL charter. He will be seeing a specialist ASAP.
- Aaron Portzline: Blue Jackets Marian Gaborik has been cleared for contact. He’ll start being more physical in practices and is looking to return on Febrary 27th.
- Pat Leonard: Rangers Mats Zuccarello has a non-displaced fracture in his left hand. He’s heading back to New York tomorrow and will see a doctor in the afternoon. Renaud Lavoie: He should be out for three weeks.
- Aaron Portzline: Blue Jackets James Wisniewski (broken pinkie toe) is questionable for practices this week.
- Adam Vingan: Capitals Mike Green (concussion), Mikhail Grabovski (left ankle) and Jack Hillen (fractured tibial plateau) all practiced yesterday. Katie Carrera: Green said he passed his neuropsychological test and expects to play in Florida next week.
- Michael Russo of the Star-Tribune: Wild center Mikko Koivu has been clear to practice. He’s been out since January 4th with a broken ankle. Marco Scandella is on his way back from a sprained MCL.
- Michael Traikos: Maple Leafs Dave Bolland has looked his best since his tendon injury. It is expected that he’ll be back in the lineup on Feb. 27th against the Islanders.
- Missy Zielinski: Anders Lindback, Ben Bishop and Steven Stamkos all practiced yesterday. Valtteri Filppula (non-displaced fracture right ankle) did not practice. Damian Cristodero: Bishop said that he’ll be ready to go in Nashville on Feb. 27th. His wrist will still be monitored and may have to be addressed in the summer.
- John Lu: Alex Galchenyuk isn’t sure if he’s been cleared for contact. It was his first skate with the team today. He said that his main issue is getting the dexterity back in his right hand for fine movements like toe drags, etc.
- Josh Cooper: Predators Pekka Rinne skated for an hour yesterday and looked tired by the end of it.
- Ken Wiebe: Jets defenseman Tobias Enstrom has a lower-body issue and forward Devin Setoguchi has a bursa sac issue. Both are not serious.
- Sarah McLellan: Coyotes Derek Morris is still out with an upper-body injury.
- Scott Mitchell: Flames coach Bob Hartley on the Curtis Glencross’s ankle injury: “He feels better, but, obviously, not good enough to be skating with the team.”
- Josh Yohe: Penguins Tomas Vokoun has been medically cleared to pay but needs to get into shape.
- Ansar Khan of MLive: Red Wings Johan Franzen practice yesterday and is hoping to be ready to return to the lineup next Wednesday. He’s missed 22 of the last 23 games with a concussion. Stephen Weiss (sports hernia surgery) and Jakub Kindle (lower-body) also expect to be ready.
- Eric Stephens: Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau said that Viktor Fasth is “fully ready to go.” Stephens thinks he could go on a conditioning stint.
← Previous Story Quick Hits: Canada Lines, Datsyuk, Peters, MacDermid and Hedberg