- Edmonton Oilers 2014-15 Season Primer
- Vancouver Canucks 2014-15 Season Primer
- San Jose Sharks 2014-15 Season Primer
- Los Angeles Kings 2014-15 Season Primer
- Calgary Flames 2014-15 Season Primer
- Arizona Coyotes 2014-15 Season Primer
- Anaheim Ducks 2014-15 Season Primer
- Winnipeg Jets 2014-15 Season Primer
- St. Louis Blues 2014-15 Season Primer
- Nashville Predators 2014-15 Season Primer
- Minnesota Wild 2014-15 Season Primer
- Dallas Stars 2014-15 Season Primer
- Colorado Avalanche 2014-15 Season Primer
- Chicago Blackhawks 2014-15 Season Primer
- Washington Capitals 2014-15 Season Primer
- Pittsburgh Penguins 2014-15 Season Primer
- Philadelphia Flyers 2014-15 Season Primer
- New York Rangers 2014-15 Season Primer
- New York Islanders 2014-15 Season Primer
- New Jersey Devils 2014-15 Season Primer
- Columbus Blue Jackets 2014-15 Season Primer
- Carolina Hurricanes 2014-15 Season Primer
- Toronto Maple Leafs 2014-15 Season Primer
- Tampa Bay Lightning 2014-15 Season Primer
- Ottawa Senators 2014-15 Season Primer
- Montreal Canadiens 2014-15 Season Primer
- Florida Panthers 2014-15 Season Primer
- Detroit Red Wings 2014-15 Season Primer
- Buffalo Sabres 2014-15 Season Primer
- Boston Bruins 2014-15 Season Primer
Morning Rumors IV: Weber, Oilers, Flyers, Wings, Penguins, Kings, Ducks, Rangers, Sabres and Blues
- Updated: February 25, 2014
- Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal: Matheson thinks the Oilers need to make a big play for top defenseman, and he thinks Shea Weber should be that target. The Predators have no top-six forwards. The Oilers and Flyers have the best young forwards to offer up to the Predators. The Predators would likely ask for Ryan Nugent-Hopkins or Taylor Hall. Matheson thinks RNH and Hall may be untouchable for the Oilers, but maybe they listen for a Weber deal. The Oilers first round pick is in play if they can’t get Aaron Ekblad. They could send any defenseman other than Justin Schultz. The Flyers had been willing to give up four first round picks for Weber when they signed him to an offer sheet. After this season, Weber will have 12 years left at $82 million. He carries a $7.857 million salary cap hit. He’s due $14 million in each of the next two seasons. Matheson thinks the Flyers would give up Brayden Schenn, Jake Voracek, and a defenseman or first round pick for Weber.
If the Oilers trade Ales Hemsky, they’ll be looking for a good prospect and not a draft pick. They need players who can play soon and not in three years. The Red Wings and Penguins seem like likely destinations.
A contender may be interested in defenseman Nick Schultz.
- Dennis Bernstein: The Oilers put Ales Hemsky on left wing at practice yesterday. Bernstein notes: “Unclear if that was a personal request from Dean Lombardi.”
- The Fourth Period: Ducks GM Bob Murray will continue to look for a stay-at-home defenseman. Sources saying the Ducks have serious interest in Rangers Dan Girardi, with talks potentially picking up. The Ducks have assets they can move. The Rangers are believed to have interest in Sami Vatanen, but it’s unclear if the Ducks are interested in moving him. The Bruins, Kings and Flyers could also be interested in Girardi. If the Ducks don’t land Girardi, they could turn to Andrew MacDonald.
- SportsNet: AP source says Sabres GM Tim Murray continues to look for offers for Ryan Miller. Their first option is to trade him, with the second option being to re-sign him if they can’t trade him. Steve Ott, Matt Moulson and Henrik Tallinder could also be moved. Moulson on trade rumors.
“I think you guys in the media as a whole have been telling me I’ve been getting traded since the first day I got here,” said Moulson, who was acquired in October in a trade that sent Thomas Vanek to the New York Islanders.
“Sometimes it’s a little stressful. But I think when you tell yourself to control what you can control, it kind of calms me down a bit. I’m going to go out there and play hard, and whatever happens, happens.”
- Hope Smoke: Darren Dreger: “Maybe Ryan Miller helps the Blues over the hump. If that happens it will probably cost them Jake Allen.” … “Washington is very concerned about their goaltending and they may be a fit for Miller too”