Morning Rumors III: Sabres Edition: Myers, Ehrhoff Asked For List And Others On The Block

• TSN Insider Trading: Sabres Tyler Myers is getting plenty of interest. The Maple Leafs, Ducks and Avalanche could be interested teams. The price could be high for him.
  • Craig Custance: The Sabres are getting calls on Christian Ehrhoff. He has a no-trade clause, but has submitted a list.
  • The Fourth Period: Christian Ehrhoff has a limited no-movement clause, and has already submitted his list. Teams looking for a defenseman include the Kings, Red Wings, Flyers, Blue Jackets and Bruins. For the right price, it’s believed that Tyler Myers could be had. Other Sabres on the block include Ryan Miller, Matt Moulson, Steve Ott, Henrik Tallinder, Cody McCormick and Drew Stafford.
  • Bob McKenzie: There is no guarantee that Ehrhoff will be traded, but the Sabres asked for a list of eight teams he doesn’t want to be traded too.
  • Bob McKenzie: Sabres GM Tim Murray is basically open to trading anyone on his roster. Teams that are looking for defenseman will be calling on Christian Ehrhoff and Tyler Myers.
  • Hope Smoke: Bob McKenzie: “Ryan Miller is not playing in Edmonton. I can’t see him playing anywhere in Canada for that matter”

1. Jeff

February 28, 2014 at 10:28 am

I think Ehrhoff could be a sneaky good pick up for the right team.

I would stay away from Myers.

2. PatHoffman

February 28, 2014 at 11:24 am

Myers is a few years away from being reliable. Should of been sent to the AHL when he started to struggle but maybe on another NHL team he could improve.

Personally I wouldn’t trade Ehrhoff, as the Sabres blueline is suspect from game to game, but for the right pieces I’d listen.

3. TimMurray

February 28, 2014 at 11:50 am

Thanks Pat Hoffmann, since YOU’D LISTEN, I’ll be giving you a call.

4. znapierski

February 28, 2014 at 12:00 pm

Myers a 2nd round pick and someone like mccormick for Stasney and O’reily

5. PatHoffman

February 28, 2014 at 12:33 pm

@TimMurray – how about lunch?

@znapierski – I’d make that trade but only if Statsny and O’Reilly signed extensions prior. Don’t want to give up a player for someone who will walk away in a year or two.

6. manny

February 28, 2014 at 1:51 pm

I love all the people that talk about Myers like it’s last year or the year before. You can tell who hasn’t bothered to really watch many of the games this year. I know his plus/minus is outrageous, but I really really like what I’ve seen out of him this year. I still think he’s the kind of piece you hang on to and build around in a youth movement.

I know Ehrhoff has been putting up more points as of late, but his effort has been pretty suspect all year. So many goals have been scored on plays where he just stops moving his feet, bends at the waist, sticks his butt out and lazily pokes with his stick. He’s been much better recently though, but I still think that if the right offer is made for him, Murray would have to think long and hard about it.

7. jeff

February 28, 2014 at 2:01 pm

Every time I watch Buffalo, Myers seems to be avoiding any physicality… Not exactly what one is looking for from a 9 ft tall D man.

I bet Ehrhoff plays better elsewhere.

8. PatHoffman

February 28, 2014 at 4:53 pm

@manny – under Nolan Myers has played better but can he continue to improve is the question. If he can, then yes, keep him. If not, move him to a team that can best utilize him.

9. znapierski

February 28, 2014 at 5:59 pm

@PatHoffman exactly… young players with talent.. even if they tried to get a second 2nd round pick id throw it in since we have 3… try and bargain a little and maybe get a 3rd-4th round pick… so myers 2 @nd round picks and mccormick for stasney o’reily and a 3rd round pick… great for both teams

10. EastCoastHockeyFan

March 1, 2014 at 9:19 am

would love to see Toronto go after Myers i think people are looking at his stats too much and not enough at his play on the worst team in the league. I would toss something out like Myers for Frederik Gauthier, 1st round pick 2014 and Kulemin and buf. retains 40pct salery for the remander of 2013-2014 seasion
    I dont think buf would do it having to retain salery tho there are other teams that could put together a better package offer