Afternoon Rumors and Notes: Moulson, Kesler, Scrivens, Wings, Hawks, Waivers, Flyers, Brodeur, Bruins and Devils
- Updated: March 3, 2014
- Pierre LeBrun: Sabres Matt Moulson is not practicing today. GM Tim Murray said that Moulson hasn’t been traded.
- Nick Kypreos: There are many people who believe that Ryan Kesler told the Canucks that he doesn’t want to play in Canada anymore if they are able to make a trade for him. He has a no-trade clause.
- Josh Rimer: Ben Scrivens signs a two-year deal with the Oilers worth $4.6 million total according to his agent.
- Detroit Red Wings: GM Ken Holland said that Pavel Datsyuk and Stephen Weiss won’t play tomorrow. Ansar Khan: Datsyuk is not skating today and hasn’t since leaving Thursday’s game.
- Scott Powers: Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said that Marian Hossa will be out for two to three weeks.
- Pierre LeBrun: On waivers today: Devan Dubnyk (NSH), Frazer McLaren (TOR), Chuck Kobasew (PIT) and Philip Larsen (EDM).
- Hope Smoke: Leafs Claude Loiselle: “We waived McLaren to give us some flexibility for the trade deadline”
- Jim Matheson: The Flyers do have the assets to land Ryan Kesler. Would they do Sean Couturier or Brayden Schenn and Samuel Morin?
- Rich Chere: Martin Brodeur: “As of now there is nothing going on.”
- Mark Spector: Spector keeps hearing Martin Brodeur and the Wild being linked.
- Hope Smoke: Doug MacLean: “Here is what you have to do with Vanek. You have to entice Snow to take prospects and not the big draft picks”
- Joe Haggerty: The Bruins are looking for a top-four defenseman for the left side. They could use depth on the right side. Dustin Byfuglien is intriguing, but he’s a right shot.
- Rich Chere: Devils coach Pete DeBoer said that both Damien Brunner and Bryce Salvador could play on Tuesday.
← Previous Story VIDEO: SportsNet HC Trade Tracker: Islanders Thomas Vanek