Afternoon Rumors and Notes: Moulson, Kesler, Scrivens, Wings, Hawks, Waivers, Flyers, Brodeur, Bruins and Devils

• Pierre LeBrun: Sabres Matt Moulson is not practicing today. GM Tim Murray said that Moulson hasn’t been traded.
  • Nick Kypreos: There are many people who believe that Ryan Kesler told the Canucks that he doesn’t want to play in Canada anymore if they are able to make a trade for him. He has a no-trade clause.
  • Josh Rimer: Ben Scrivens signs a two-year deal with the Oilers worth $4.6 million total according to his agent.
  • Detroit Red Wings: GM Ken Holland said that Pavel Datsyuk and Stephen Weiss won’t play tomorrow. Ansar Khan: Datsyuk is not skating today and hasn’t since leaving Thursday’s game.
  • Scott Powers: Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said that Marian Hossa will be out for two to three weeks.
  • Pierre LeBrun: On waivers today: Devan Dubnyk (NSH), Frazer McLaren (TOR), Chuck Kobasew (PIT) and Philip Larsen (EDM).
  • Hope Smoke: Leafs Claude Loiselle: “We waived McLaren to give us some flexibility for the trade deadline”
  • Jim Matheson: The Flyers do have the assets to land Ryan Kesler. Would they do Sean Couturier or Brayden Schenn and Samuel Morin?
  • Rich Chere: Martin Brodeur: “As of now there is nothing going on.”
  • Mark Spector: Spector keeps hearing Martin Brodeur and the Wild being linked.
  • Hope Smoke: Doug MacLean: “Here is what you have to do with Vanek. You have to entice Snow to take prospects and not the big draft picks”
  • Joe Haggerty: The Bruins are looking for a top-four defenseman for the left side. They could use depth on the right side. Dustin Byfuglien is intriguing, but he’s a right shot.
  • Rich Chere: Devils coach Pete DeBoer said that both Damien Brunner and Bryce Salvador could play on Tuesday.

1. jeff

March 3, 2014 at 1:59 pm

Why would TML waive a player if they didn’t have another move already planned?

2. Matt

March 3, 2014 at 2:29 pm

Two things I don’t want to see. I don’t want the Flyers to trade Morin or Couturier for Kesler and I don’t want to see Byfuglien playing on the same team as Chara. That would be a mess for the rest of the Eastern Conference.

3. EastCoastHockeyFan

March 3, 2014 at 2:56 pm

love the 2.3m per Scrivens signed for, great move by edmonton, i was waiting to see if he would push for more money seeing as he has been playing as a pseudo #1 nhl goalie not saying hes not doing a good job, i just don’t personaly think he is ready to step in as a full time nhl #1
    end up becoming dubnyk v2

4. Canucks fan

March 3, 2014 at 4:26 pm

Kesler to me isn’t a guy who enjoys the spotlight. Why would he play in Philly? I see him going to Columbus but not for Johansen. How about Kerby Rychel and Boone Jenner? They drafted to play in the West now being in the east with big bodies already on the roster I see them expendable

5. Canucks fan

March 3, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Kesler to Pitt for Beau Bennett and Sim Despres

6. nick

March 3, 2014 at 4:43 pm

would the canucks consider trading kesler to the rangers for a package of jt miller, mcilrath, and fasth, with possibly adding a pick as well?

7. I_am_I

March 3, 2014 at 6:40 pm

@jeff my guess is Holland is coming off LTIR and this makes them cap compliant I think…

8. I_am_I

March 3, 2014 at 6:41 pm

*Bolland (stupid autocorrect)

9. Canucks fan

March 4, 2014 at 12:28 am

Nick The rangers would have to send some cap back on return but I see it happening mcilrath is solid an jt miller is in the right age but if Vancouver has to send a pick I can’t see it when they could probably get a first beau Bennett and despres for kesler and edler with Vancouver eating some cap and taking kobasew