Morning Hits: Rinne, Nolan, Sabres, Panthers, Drewiske, Bolland and Orlov Has Phone Hearing
- Updated: March 3, 2014
- Josh Cooper of the Tennessean: He hasn’t officially been recalled by the Predators, but Pekka Rinne could be returning to the team with week after his second rehab start with Milwaukee of the AHL.
“Now I’m looking forward to getting back to Nashville and hopefully get some ice time there and help the guys make the playoffs,” Rinne told reporters in Milwaukee.
- Bill Hoppe: Sabres GM Tim Murray on interim coach Ted Nolan: “If he wants to be here, I want him to be our coach.”
- John Vogl: Sabres Predsident Ted Black when asked if Pat LaFontaine resigned to avoid being fired, “As per comments at the press conference and as was in the release yesterday, Pat resigned.”
- George Richards: There might be some news regarding Panthers management, but there is nothing to confirm just yet. Richards has been hearing some things the past few days.
- Bob McKenzie: The Canadiens put Davis Drewiske on waivers yesterday.
- David Alter: Maple Leafs Dave Bolland ruled himself out tonight.
- NHL Player Safety: Capitals Dmitry Orlov will have a phone hearing today for his hit on Flyers Brayden Schenn.
How many games do you think Orlov SHOULD get? How many games do you think he WILL get?