Morning Rumors II: Traded Draft Pick Note, Stastny, Ehrhoff, Dubnyk, Blues and Maple Leafs
- Updated: March 4, 2014
- Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News: Trade note on the Blues – Sabres Miller/Ott trade. If the Blues make the Western Conference final or if they re-sign Miller before the draft, the Sabres get a 2014 first round pick. The Blues will then get Minnesota’s second round pick (acquired in the Jason Pomenville deal) and the Sabres third round pick.If they Blues re-sign Miller after the draft, the Sabres get a 2016 second round pick.
- Adrian Dater of the Denver Post: Avs Paul Stastny on trade rumors.
“If you go on the Internet, you can read anything you want to read and if you did that it can get in your mind,” Stastny said. “But half the time people just write stuff. I tend not to read (into) anything, whether it’s good or bad. It’s out of your control. Why worry about off the ice when all you can control is what happens on the ice?”
Stastny is a pending UFA and the Avs may not want to lose him for nothing. So if a deal isn’t done by Wednesday, he could be traded. Neither side would comment on how contract talks are going.
- Darren Dreger: The Red Wings are among the teams that are interested in Christian Ehrhoff. The Wings like what they have in their young players and may decide to do nothing if the prices don’t come down.
- John Vogl: Devan Dubnyk on waivers, if claimed by the Sabres, they wouldn’t have trade for one once Jaroslav Halak is dealt.
- Jeremy Rutherford: Blues GM Doug Armstrong indicated on Sunday night that they are were likely done trading, but added, “you never say never.”
- Hope Smoke: Maple Leafs Claude Loiselle: “We would have to move money if we were going to acquire players this year.” … “We’re the third youngest team in the league and still developing. Because of that there will be no rentals here.”