Evening Rumors II: Rangers, Islanders, Ducks, Preds, Flyers, Lightning, Kings, Avs and Hurricanes
- Updated: March 5, 2014
- Larry Brooks: The Rangers were informed by the Canucks today that Ryan Kesler won’t waive his no-trade clause to go there. Katie Strang: Confirms Brooks’ statement about Kesler not interested in waiving NTC.
- David Pagnotta: The Islanders may be interested in Ducks Sami Vatanen and Emerson Etem, but doubtful the Ducks would trade both.
- Pierre LeBrun: The Islanders are working an Tomas Vanek deal, why he is sitting.
- Darren Dreger: Predators David Legwand remains open minded about a trade tomorrow.
- John Boruk: The Flyers aren’t talking about Ryan Kesler internally. Externally they are driving up the price for other teams.
- Damian Cristodero: Lightning coach Cooper: “Sometimes the wish list is doing absolutely nothing at all, and we like where we’re at.”
- Nick Kypreos: Marian Gaborik’s name is picking up steam. He may be a cheaper alternative some the Kings and may a few other teams.
- Aaron Portzline: The Kings are interested in Gaborik. Would be more interested if the Ducks landed Vanek.
- David Pagnotta: The Kings No. 1 target appears to be Matt Moulson still. Mike Cammalleri could be possibility with Gaborik being plan C.
- Chris Botta: Quiet now (mid afternoon) between Islanders and Ducks. Vanek may be a distant backup plan. Ducks looking for a center.
- Adrian Dater: Avs getting calls. Will be an interesting to see what happens with Paul Stastny.
- Chris Johnston: The Hurricanes may have received an offer for Justin Peters, but they may finish the year with three goalies.