Morning Hits and Injuries: Klesla, Lehtonen, Sbisa, Robidas, Paille, Nikitin, Diaz, Brown and Wellman
- Updated: March 10, 2014
- John Vogl: The Sabres have officially suspended defenseman Rostislav Klesla for failing to report to Rocherster of the AHL.
- Mike Heika: Stars Kari Lehtonen is “not doing very well” with his head injury and is day-to-day according to coach Lindy Ruff.
- Eric Stephens: Ducks Luca Sbisa and Mathieu Perreault are out against the Maple Leafs. Sbisa is dealing with a knee injury. Perreault may have a sprained thumb/wrist.
- Curtis Zupke: Ducks Stephane Robidas is targeting March 14th for his Ducks debut. Coach Bruce Boudreau said their game against the Capitals later this month may be a more ideal time.
- Amalie Benjamin of the Boston Globe: Bruins Daniel Paille left yesterday’s game after taking a big hit from Panthers Ed Jovanovski.
- Shawn Mitchell: Blue Jackets Nikita Nikitin is ready to return tonight against the Stars.
- Andrew Gross: Rangers coach Alain Vigneault calls Raphael Diaz a “depth d-man” with no timetable on when he’ll get into a game.
- Capitals PR: The Capitals assign Chris Brown and Casey Wellman to the AHL.