Morning Hits: GM Meetings and Unsigned 2012 2nd Round Draft Picks
- Updated: March 11, 2014
- Darren Dreger: Senators GM Bryan Murray isn’t completely sold on the coaches challenge. Expended video review may be a better way to go.
- Renaud Lavoie: GMs will propose today that it’s the refs who would revise the play at the penalty box, with regards to goalie obstruction.
- Darren Dreger: Blues GM Doug Armstrong proposed moving the face-offs hash marks from to three feet to five feet, the same as what they had in the Olympics. This would promote less contact between the wingers off the draw.
- Darren Dreger: One different idea brought up was instead of a center being kicked out a face-off, he moves back a foot for the next draw. If the next draw is illegal as well, then it’s a two minute penalty.
- John Shannon: Sounding like there will be little or no change to OT. Possible the ice getting cleaned or changing of goalie ends, but little more.
- Corey Pronman: Remaining unsigned 2012 2nd round draft picks: Dansk (CBJ), Pokka (NYI), Aberg (NSH), Sutter (WPG), Blujus (TBL), Thrower (MTL), Winther (DAL)