Injury Notes: Peverly, Stewart, Harding, Gudbranson, MacArthur, Salo, Bergenheim, Jurco and JVR
- Updated: March 12, 2014
- Dallas Stars: Stars GM Jim Nill on Rich Peverley.
“Rich Peverley is resting comfortably and being monitored at UT Southwestern St. Paul. He is currently undergoing testing to discover what triggered the cardiac event last night.
The focus of all the testing and monitoring is being dedicated to finding the cause of the event and a long-term solution to rectify the problem.
We do not have any more specifics at the moment.
Rich has been communicating with his teammates and friends. He is extremely grateful for all of the prayers and support that he’s received from fans and friends alike.”
- Amy Mortiz of the Buffalo News: It’s looking like Sabres Chris Stewart is finished for the season with a lower-body injury.
“Stewart doesn’t look good right now,” interim coach Ted Nolan said today. “There are only five weeks left in the year and his injury is four-to-five weeks.”
Zemgus Girgensons (undisclosed) and Torrey Mitchell (lower-body) are still not close to returning.
- Michael Russo: Wild’s Josh Harding took to the ice yesterday. He’s been out since the end of December because of effects from his multiple sclerosis.
“I saw him this morning, and I can’t say that I have a plan right now,” coach Mike Yeo said. “The first step was just to see him at the rink and I know he was here last game and I had heard how much better he was doing. And when I got a chance to talk to him this morning, you could see it. You could see it in his face, you could see the relief. You could just see he’s in a much better place right now. I think it’s great. It’s great to have him around. The next step is getting him on the ice and talk more about what the plan is. We haven’t discussed that.”
Niklas Backstrom also skated yesterday.
“I don’t know with Backy,” Yeo said, laughing. “We don’t want to shut him down because you never know, he might all of a sudden come back and feel great. We don’t have a plan there. I know that he’s still not feeling great, so he’s going out there and keeping sharp just in case he can come back.”
- Steve Goldstein: Panthers Erik Gudbranson and Jesse Winchester are out at least a week.
- Don Brennan: Senators Clarke MacArthur (hand) took part in his first practice since last week’s injury.
- Missy Zielinski: Lightning’s Sami Salo (lower-body) is day-to-day. Joe Smith: Lightning coach Jon Cooper said Salo’s injury is not long-term. He’s questionable for Thursday. Radko Gudas is also questionable.
- George Richards: Panthers Sean Bergenheim is out with a lower-body injury.
- Ansar Khan: Red Wings Tomas Jurco said he’s day-to-day with injured ribs from a cross-check.
- Chris Johnston: Leafs coach Randy Carlyle said that James van Riemsdyk went to the ‘quiet room” and passed the concussion test.
- Mark Masters: Leafs Cody Franson has a stomach flu. He stayed overnight in San Jose and will travel by himself to LA.