Injury Notes: Canucks, Pens, Hawks, Habs, Stars, Jackets, Leafs, Kings, Wings, Oilers, Jets and Ducks
- Updated: March 15, 2014
- Vancouver Canucks: Ryan Kesler is out “at least a couple of weeks” with a sprained knee according to coach John Tortorella.
- Pittsburgh Penguins: Coach Dan Bylsma on James Neal: “You don’t know if you’re talking about 1-2 days or much longer. You hope the symptoms subside & it’s shorter than longer.”
- ESPN Chicago: Blackhawks Marian Hossa skated yesterday morning. It was the first time that he practiced with the team since his injury. He didn’t play last night, but could return on Sunday or Tuesday. He said his recent injury isn’t back related.
- John Lu: Canadiens Carey Price practiced yesterday. Ended up having the net to himself, Tokarski and Budaj splitting the one end.
- Mark Stepneski: Stars Kari Lehtonen skated yesterday morning.
- Rob Mixer: Blue Jackets Artem Anisimov traveled with the team and will play tonight.
- Rob Mixer: Blue Jackets Jared Boll said he’s feeling better and will travel with the team, though he’s still a week or two away from returning to the lineup.
- Blue Jackets.NHL: Blue Jackets activate Fedor Tyutin off the IR.
- Stephen Whyno: Maple Leafs Jonathan Bernier’s injury is not considered bad.
- Eric Engels: “Reimer has concussion history, said he considered leaving game+that he had a headache after. Carlyle says no need for quiet room #progress”
- Jon Rosen of LA Kings Insider: Kings coach Darryl Sutter yesterday on Dustin Brown and Jonathan Quick.
Both of them guys – Quickie’s sick, and Brownie came in. Hopefully get that bug out of our system…We’ll see how they are tomorrow.
On whether Quick could play against the Ducks.
Well, he’s not skating today. We felt better if he stayed at home. It doesn’t matter. I mean, it does matter about Jonathan, but at the same time, Jonesy’s ready to go, too.
- Bill Rouse: Red Wings Darren Helm doesn’t have a timetable on his return to the lineup. He has been seeing the same neurologist that Patrick Eaves and Johan Franzen did in the past.
- Bill Rouse: Red Wings Henrik Zetterberg has stepped up his physical therapy on Thursday. He is still not even in shape to drive a car, but he’s getting there.
- Edmonton Oilers: Sam Gagner missed last night with an ankle injury.
- Sara Orlesky: Jets Ondrej Pavelec has a lower-body injury.
- Ken Wiebe: Jets Chris Thorburn left last night’s game with a lower-body injury. He blocked a shot in the second.
- Eric Stephens: Ducks defenseman Cam Fowler left last night’s game with a lower-body injury.