Injury Notes: Penguins, Blues, Leafs, Capitals, Red Wings, Sabres, Blackhawks and Jets
- Updated: March 17, 2014
- Pittsburgh Penguins: Beau Bennett and Kris Letang have been cleared to practice.
- St. Louis Blues: Vladimir Tarasenko will have surgery on his hand and will be re-evaluated in six weeks.
- Mark Masters: Leafs coach Randy Carlyle said that Jonathan Bernier received treatment yesterday and a decision will be made soon if he requires an MRI. They still believe it isn’t serious. Paul Hendrick: Speculation is that it would only be a week.
- Hope Smoke: Darren Dreger: “I think there might be some more testing required on Bernier. They don’t seem overly concerned” … “In the moment, this is why you keep two goalies as in tune as you can”
- Katie Brown: Capitals coach Adam Oates on injured Brooks Laich: “We shut him down.” Laich will be going to see a specialist. There is no timetable for his return.
- Ansar Khan: Red Wings Todd Bertuzzi (lower-body) was not able to go last night. He tried during warms, but left before they were over.
- Sabres PR: Sabres Jhonas Enroth left last night’s game with a lower-body injury.
- Mark Lazerus: Blackhawk Brandon Saad “seemed all right” with his upper-body injury and it’s “not too serious” according to coach Joel Quenneville.
- Winnipeg Jets: Jets Dustin Byfuglien left last night’s game with a lower-body injury.