Injury Notes: Pens, Wings, Caps, Flames, Sabres, Sens, Canes, Coyotes, Avs, Hawks and Leafs
- Updated: March 18, 2014
- Shelly Anderson of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: Penguins James Neal (concussion) received clearance to play and could be in the lineup tonight. Chris Kunitz could also return to the lineup tonight. Beau Bennett skated before practice but hasn’t been given clearance for contact. Paul Martin skated in full gear before practice. Given the day off yesterday: Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Jussi Jokinen, Olli Maatta and Brooks Orpik.
- Shelly Anderson: Penguins Kris Letang wants to pay this season but he hasn’t received anything definitive from his doctors.
- Ansar Khan of MLive: Red Wings Todd Bertuzzi missed Sunday’s game with a lower-body injury. Darren Helm, out with a concussion, had a setback and it’s not looking like he’ll return soon. Stephen Weiss (hernia surgery) is not close to returning and will go get a second opinion. Dan Cleary has had fluid drained from his knee twice and hasn’t been able to practice in a couple weeks. Weiss and Cleary were able to skate. Jonas Gustavsson, out with a groin injury, skated yesterday and is getting close to returning. Joakim Andersson (fractured foot) is out for at least another week. Tomas Jurco will have his broken rib reassessed next week. Pavel Datsyuk (knee) will be reassessed in seven to 10 days. Henrik Zetterberg may be able to return for the playoffs if the Wings make it.
- Capitals PR: Capitals Brooks Laich will be out four to six weeks after having a procedure done to release a tight abductor.
- Randy Sportak: Flames Jiri Hudler (upper-body) was out on the ice before practice. Karri Ramo was also out before, and stayed on with main group.
- Buffalo Sabres: Sabres Jhonas Enroth stayed in Buffalo for further evaluation.
- John Vogl: Not going on the Sabres road trip: Jhonas Enroth, Tyler Myers, Zemgus Girgensons, Alex Sulzer, and Chris Stewart. Myers could meet up with the team at some point.
- John Vogl: Michal Neuvirth on the possibility of playing tonight: “I don’t know … but I’m feeling better every day. I’m hoping it’s going to be good.”
- Bruce Garrioch: Doesn’t look like Craig Anderson will be ready before Thursday.
- Michael Smith: Hurricanes Jiri Tlusty won’t play on Tuesday due to a lower-body injury, he’s day-to-day. Alex Semin was given a maintenance day yesterday.
- Sarah McLellan: Coyotes Martin Erat skated yesterday morning in a no-contract jersey.
- Adrian Dater: Avs Ryan O’Reilly will play tonight, with Paul Stastny a possibility.
- Chicago Blackhawks: Brandon Saad won’t travel with the team to Philadelphia.
- Terry Koshan: Maple Leafs coach Randy Carlyle on Jonathan Bernier: “Bernier has a low-grade muscle strain. It is in the groin area. It’s closer to day to day than it is week to week.” James Mirtle: The Leafs haven’t put Bernier on the IR, so it’s possible that he could play in the next few days.
- Hope Smoke: Maple Leafs Dave Poulin: “We’re dealing with this on Bolland. Once medically cleared, it’s up to the player to let us know when he’s ready to go” … “At this point it’s not up to a doctor, it’s up to Bolland. We’re hoping he’s getting stronger and closer to returning” … “Bolland hasn’t been 100% comfortable in a full practice where there are competition drills and grinding”