Morning Hits: Flames, Rangers, Stars, Habs, Wings, Senators, Sabres and NHL Expected Revenue
- Updated: March 18, 2014
- Eric Francis: Flames Matt Stajan will play tonight.
- Katie Strang: Rangers Ryan Haggerty is on a two-way deal but because he signed after trade deadline, he can’t be sent to the AHL this season. The deal was done to burn the first year of his entry-level contract. He can be sent to the AHL next season.
- Mark Stepneski: The Stars send goalie Cristopher Nilstorp back to the AHL. Looking like Kari Lehtonen is ready to return to the lineup.
- Renaud Lavoie: The Canadiens send Michael Bournival to the AHL.
- Ansar Khan: The Red Wings recalled Landon Ferraro from the AHL on an emergency call up in case Justin Abdelkader (lower-body) is not able to go tonight.
- Elliotte Friedman: “1) Some conversation tonight about Hamilton’s Greg and Matt Carey, who both play at St. Lawrence. Greg’s excellent college career is over. 2) he is free to sign an NHL deal as a free agent. But, a couple of teams believe Matt will go pro, too. There is a lot of interest. 3) with CHI taking a long look at him last weekend.”
- Travis Yost: Brent Wallace : “I don’t think players understand what’s going on .. I’ve heard term ‘zoo’ used … things are not well in Ottawa.”
- Bob McKenzie: Ted Nolan’s three-year contract extension is close to being finalized.
- Renaud Lavoie: Despite the falling Canadian dollar, the NHLs expected revenue remains at $3.6 billion.