Morning Injuries and Notes: Blackhawks, Ducks, Oilers, Wings, Wild, Flames, Flyers and Predators
- Updated: March 21, 2014
- Scott Powers: The Blackhawks put Patrick Kane on the LTIR and recall Teuvo Teravainen and Jeremy Morin.
- Dan Wood: Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau said they hope to have Cam Fowler back before the end of the regular season.
- Dan Wood: Boudreau added that Nick Bonino (lower-body) should return sooner than later.
- Jonathan Willis of the Edmonton Journal: Nick Kypreos tweeted that Oilers Jordan Eberle would be having an MRI on his knee, head coach Dallas Eakins denied it.
The tweet was wrong, there was no MRI, and we don’t feel there’s a need for one now. I’m not saying never, but the misinformation in the Twitter world is always quite amazing. He tweaked his knee, there’s no MRI scheduled, and we’re hopeful that he won’t be out very long.
The Oilers recalled Tyler Pitlick and Steve MacIntyre.
- Ansar Khan: Red Wings Jonathan Ericsson had surgery on his finger and is out four to six weeks.
- Michael Russo: Sounding like Wild’s Keith Ballard tweaked his groin.
- Wes Gilbertson: Flames Markus Granlund should be able to return to the lineup before the end of the season.
- Bill Meltzer: The Flyers have signed draft pick Robert Hagg, who will be in Philly on Monday.
- Bill Roose: The Predators recall Calle Jarnkrok.
- Lance Pugmire: Ducks recalled Rickard Rakell and Emerson Etem.