Hurricanes Sign Justin Faulk To Contract Extension
- Updated: March 24, 2014
The Carolina Hurricanes have signed defenseman Justin Faulk to a six-year contract extension worth $29 million.
- Michael Smith: The extension will carry a $4.833 million salary cap hit.
The 22-year old was drafted 37th overall in the 2nd round by the Hurricanes.
- Josh Rimer: Salary breakdown: $2.5 million next year, $3.5 million in 2015-16, $5.5 million in 2016-17 and 2017-18 and $6 million in both 2018-19 and 2019-20.
- Michael Smith: Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford: “That was an important signing because he showed very early in his career how good a defenseman he was.”
- Craig Custance: “Justin Faulk at $4.833 million per season through 2019-20. Like that number for Carolina.”
- Chris Peters: “Faulk’s deal near identical to Ryan McDonagh’s (a hair more). Two guys with their best years ahead. What value there for CAR and NYR.”
- Neil Greenberg: “Locking up Justin Faulk at ~$5mil per year for next six years is a good deal for CAR.”
- Corey Pronman: “Pretty good deal for CAR.”