NHL VIDEOS: Emelin’s Hip Check On Lucic … Lucic ‘Spears’ Emelin

DJ Bean: Bruins Milan Lucic on Canadiens Alexei Emelin: “Whether it’s fair, legal or whatever you want to call it, if he wasn’t scared, he would stand up & hit me and not go after my knees. It just shows how big of a chicken he is that he needs to go down like that to take me down. It shows what kind of player he is, and on my end, you know you’ve got to keep your guard up at all times.”

After watching the two videos, do you think the NHL will investigate and should any discipline be handed out?

Emelin’s hip check on Lucic.

Lucic ‘spears’ Emelin.

1. RexR

March 25, 2014 at 9:03 am

Lucic: ”It just shows how big of a chicken he is that he needs to go down like that to take me down. It shows what kind of player he is … ”

Right. So THEN YOU HIT HIM IN THE NUTS? The Emelin hit was clean, if a bit late. But I can’t think of a dirtier, cheaper, more despicable retaliation.

2. Brad

March 25, 2014 at 9:19 am

Lucic is such a punk!! I am a Leafs fan and as such have no love for either of these teams, BUT Emelin’s hit is at least legal and clean. It is called a hip check!! Get over it you big dumb goon!! Lucic calling Emelin a “chicken” for a hip check and then later spearing Emelin in the taint, from behind mind you, would make Lucic chicken S@#$!! He is literally the excrement of a chicken!! I can’t wait until this guy’s career is over so I never have to watch this neandrethal or watch he BS antics again! Lucic should be suspended for 5 games on general principle!

3. SpideysHero

March 25, 2014 at 9:25 am

Lucic needs to sit for at least 3 games, as well as anyone else that has that type of intent to injure. Unbelievable, what Shanny will let go now, as compared to suspension record from previous seasons.

For the record, I bet 90% of the league loved seeing Lucic flip right on his A**. Way to go Emelin, Hope the jewels are still shining!

4. Dan

March 25, 2014 at 9:34 am

I will never forget Lucic run like a little baby when
    Donald Brashear wanted to drop the gloves. Lucic is good at running helpless goalies and picking on smaller players. Indeed, I agree he is the King of Punks.

5. Shane

March 25, 2014 at 9:49 am

Discipline for what? It’s a rough sport… man up!

I noticed none of the other comments mentioned how Emelin dropped like stone from what looked like a tap and then crawled off the ice… but didn’t miss a shift. The diving and embellishment need to stop!

6. Hey Shane

March 25, 2014 at 11:18 am

Hey Shane?

You say that Emelin dropped like a stone but played the next shift and then imply that it’s embellishment.

Have you never been hit in the nads? It feels like the end of the world for a couple of minutes but doesn’t last for days. Even UFC fighters are only given a maximum 5 minutes to recover from an accidental nut shot.

But, being a women you probably don’t know about being hit there.

7. Canucks fan

March 25, 2014 at 11:47 am

I guess Lucic wasn’t paying attention when Boychuk hit Subban even lower than Emelin hit him. This guy is a joke and I too can’t stand to watch him. The spear was light but he targeted that area AND had the balls to deny it. He looked like such a fool after the game. “People are trying to say I speared him”. What an idiot..

8. Rick Akin

March 25, 2014 at 2:26 pm

Gents, have you ever looked into Milan’s eyes when the camera focuses on him….not much going on in there . Little wonder the behemoth comes out with the kind of comments he does. Sorry Bruin fans, but the big fella is the ultimate dolt.

9. hankbemis

March 25, 2014 at 5:16 pm

lucic is very ugly for a girl.

everyone but shane got it right. all it takes is a tap, shane.

it’s funny he took exception to that “low” hit. he must be forgetting that way to not get suspended is to err low, not high.

10. D

March 25, 2014 at 5:26 pm

Lucic should be the new scumbag steve

11. Emelin is a pussy

March 26, 2014 at 12:51 pm

The point isn’t even the fact that emelin went low. It’s the fact that he was too much of a pussy to respond by fighting. He was challenged and turtled. Against the hockey code. And if what lucic did was soooo terrible, than why didn’t Montreal respond. They are all a bunch of pussies in Montreal. Guarantee if emelin fought there wouldn’t be retaliation later in the game.

12. Habs

March 26, 2014 at 1:18 pm

Maybe Emelin would of fought Lucic if Lucic wasn’t a pu**y
    And had to get his boyfriend chara to come in to it.

13. THINK ABOUT THIS

March 26, 2014 at 3:01 pm

The Bruins did a very nice thing after practice, bringing 9-year-old Make-a-Wish youngster Maddie Santosuosso of Topsfield onto the ice in full goalie gear, to take shots from Milan Lucic, Zdeno Chara, Jarome Iginla and many other players. The team then joined Maddie for a pizza party.

MORAL: HOCKEY PLAYERS ARE PEOPLE TOO.