Morning Hits: Faulk, Gelinas, van Reimsdyk, Penguins and Maple Leafs
- Updated: March 26, 2014
- Renaud Lavoie: Justin Faulk’s deal with the Hurricanes contains a modified no-trade clause in which he would accept a trade to 15 teams.
- Rich Chere: Devils Eric Gelinas said he “completely understands” if they want to use a veteran deferenseman down the stretch and that he’s willing to play wing if need be.
- James Mirtle: Leafs James van Reimsdyk said that he didn’t push his brother to become a Maple Leaf, advised him that they have “too many good young d-men.”
- Hope Smoke: Pierre LeBrun: “I don’t feel right about the Penguins team. I worry about Fleury & their defensive awareness as a unit in the playoffs” … “The heat is on Bylsma and he can be in trouble if they don’t go on a long run”
- Hope Smoke: Kevin Dineen on TSN radio last week: “I coached the Ducks farm team when Carlyle coached the Ducks & we had to mimic his style” … “I would sit back and think, well you have Pronger, Niedermayer and Beauchemin so you can sit there and play that style” … “Sometimes it’s based on personnel and my feeling is, you work with what you have” … “I look at the Leafs as a high end skill team. I don’t look at them as a defensive team” … “If I was coaching against the Leafs the defense is something that I’d like to exploit”