Morning Rumors: Miller, Hemsky, Vanek, Iginla, Folin, Carlyle, Maple Leafs and Oilers
- Updated: March 26, 2014
- Pierre LeBrun of ESPN: The Blues have let Ryan Miller’s agent, Mike Liut, know they’d like to re-sign him. Miller will wait until after the season to talk. Miller’s wife is an actress in LA. He has been linked to the Ducks, but they have Frederik Andersen, John Gibson and pending UFA Jonas Hiller.
The Senators are planning on talking to Ales Hemsky about a contract extension. The money would need to be right for the Sens.
Thomas Vanek is still planning on testing the free agent market.
- TSN Insider Trading: Darren Dreger: The Bruins have reached out to Jarome Iginla’s agent last week. There hasn’t been any back-and-forth talk. The Bruins don’t have the tag room to do a deal in-season.
Bob McKenzie: Ryan Miller may want to wait until July 1st to see if there is any interest from the Ducks. Talk is the Ducks talked to the Sabres earlier this year about Miller, but weren’t able to get a deal done.
The Flyers, Wild, Lightning and Oilers are among the front-runners for college UFA Christian Folin. Folin is still playing and hasn’t fully committed to a decision just yet.
- Hope Smoke: Nick Kypreos: “If Reimer closes out Boston they don’t trade for Bernier. I don’t think Randy has ever gotten over those ten minutes in Boston” … “Randy is credited, and rightly so, for being a defensive minded coach. When you see the mistakes this team makes it’s unbelievable” … “Absolutely, without question Randy will be under review this summer”
- Hope Smoke: TSNs Ray Ferraro: “The Oilers don’t have enough guys who understand that the right thing is to get out of their own zone. They cheat too much” …. “Nobody wants to say it, but they [Edmonton] have had the same guy in charge for 8 years in a row while they missed the playoffs” … “If I was in charge of a team that missed the playoffs 8 years in a row I would have been fired after 4” … “You can’t have big players that can’t skate and small players that try to trick the puck into the net”
- Hope Smoke: Darren Dreger: “I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Carlyle is fired. I’m not saying his neck is on the chopping black”
- Hope Smoke: “Ferraro thinks the Leafs are a top centre, a #1 defenseman, a really good bottom 6 F & a depth D away from being a contender. Is that all?”