NHL Rumors: Clarkson, Leafs, Hemsky, Miller, Iginla, Greiss and Old Habs-Lightning Trade Rumor
- Updated: March 27, 2014
- Greg Brady: SportsNet’s Doug MacLean said yesterday morning on the Fan 590 that there will be serious discussions from the Maple Leafs about the possibility of buying out David Clarkson this summer for salary cap relief.
- Mike Zeisberger of the Toronto Sun: Five members of the Maple Leafs organization who are on the hot seat as playoffs slip away: 1. Dion Phaneuf 2. Randy Carlyle 3. Jonathan Bernier (not due to his play) 4. David Clarkson 5. Dave Nonis.
- Don Brennan of the Ottawa Sun: The Senators haven’t started contract talks with pending UFA Ales Hemsky. GM Bryan Murray hasn’t said whether he plans on trying to re-sign Hemsky or not. Murray has been happy with Hemsky’s play since they acquired him.
- Hope Smoke: Darren Dreger: “I would say the odds of Miller staying in St.Louis are reasonable to more than that.” … “I’ve been led to believe that the term Miller is seeking as a UFA is much shorter than people would think.”
- Hope Smoke: Darren Dreger: “Iginla is likely to stay in Boston. Chiarelli has reached out to Newport Sports.”
- Sarah McLellan: Contract talks between the Coyotes and Thomas Greiss will resume once the season is over.