Morning Hits: Selling Islanders, Award Winners, Plekanec, Pens and Clarkson
- Updated: March 29, 2014
- Hope Smoke: Bob McKenzie: “I’m of the opinion that Wang’s plan right now is to digest himself of the Islanders.” … “It’s certainly not done and I don’t know if it will get done but there are financial institutions…” “… that are aware the Islanders are an entity that is for sale” … “We believe the reason Wang bought the Islanders because it was tied to the Lighthouse real estate venture” … “I would think the Isles would be worth $350-400 million dollars if I’m ball parking it”
- Pierre LeBrun of ESPN: LeBrun’s award winners. Hart Trophy: Sidney Crosby. Norris Trophy: Duncan Keith. Vezina Trophy: Tuukka Rask. Calder Trophy: Nathan MacKinnon. Jack Adams Trophy: Patrick Roy. Frank J. Selke Trophy: Anze Kopitar
- Renaud Lavoie: Canadiens Tomas Plekanec has returned to Montreal for personal reasons.
- Pens Radio Network: “The Penguins are now under .500 under Bylsma when they allow the first goal in a reg-season game: 81-82-16.”
- Hope Smoke: Steve Simmons: “I’ve learned that if Clarkson isn’t the least popular player in that Leafs room he is one of them”